Emergency Management Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Emergency Management Advisor PD - Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 334KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jan-2020|
- Kick start your career in emergency and incident management, and business continuity within one of New Zealand's biggest government agencies
- Fantastic opportunity to grow and develop your skills within our newly established Workplace branch
- Permanent position, Wellington based
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in emergency and incident management, and business continuity within one of New Zealand's biggest government agencies.
We're looking for someone with the right motivation, drive and attitude to join our Emergency Management team, which is responsible for developing and managing the policies, standards, processes and procedures to ensure MBIE is ready to respond to emergencies and business disruptions.
This is a fast-paced environment which would suit a self-starter with a strong customer focus, good prioritisation and time management skills, and great facilitation skills. You'll be able to develop and grow your skills in the fields of emergency management, incident management and business continuity, both within MBIE and in the wider government environment.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to identify and define problems and determine appropriate solutions
- Someone well-organised who plans systematically
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work without direct supervision, self-manage, self-initiate and self-start
- Demonstrable administrative and organisational skills
Emergency Management is part of the Workplace branch at the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE). MBIE works to better support, connect and strengthen businesses and Grow New Zealand for All. It backs New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation systems, better supporting businesses and streamlining regulation.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Jo Smith at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 20th January 2020.