Senior Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Project and Portfolio - Senior Business Analyst PD.pdf (PDF, 122KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2020|
- Multiple roles - Great team culture
- Work on significant high profile projects
- 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced business focused Business Analyst to join our project office in the Enablement branch which is the business change engine in the heart of the Immigration New Zealand business.
The Project team is responsible for the management and implementation of strategic projects across Immigration NZ. Our Senior Business Analyst will bring their business process understanding and perspective to work in partnership with their manager and staff across a number of high profile projects
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for development of options and solutions for business problems and opportunities to enhance core processes that will improve the customer experience. They will also provide guidance and mentoring for their team members. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to lead the definition of functional and non-functional requirements and producing detailed analysis and design.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a Senior Business Analysis role
- Excellent and proven business process capability in a large project environment
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- Manage initial scope through to detailed design including management of workshops.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to mentor others
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including users, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Have an understanding of project management principles and methodology.
- Knowledge of a lean & agile and other IT related principles is preferred
- Applicants for roles in Immigration New Zealand must hold Citizenship or permanent residency
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
At Immigration NZ, it all starts with our people. The organization's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. Our business has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean that our systems & processes we know today will not be the ones we deliver in digitally led reality of tomorrow.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. Here you can view the full position description, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line advertisement. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this position please contact – Jonny Hay on Jonny.Hay@mbie.govt.nz quoting the reference number MBIE/1441713