Digital Advisor (Marketing) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| DP Digital Advisor -HTS - Market Services - 2020 FINAL.docx (Word, 68KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Do you have strong experience in writing for web and social media as well as well as developing and delivering digital marketing campaigns?
- Are you passionate about developing tools and resources to improve customer experience?
- Flexible fun environment being part of a specialist team
- Permanent role based in Wellington CBD
About the role
Part of a high performing team, the Digital Advisor will support our digital marketing campaigns and will help manage the development of our websites and digital tools. You will know how to write for web, and be able to produce content across a variety of channels. This includes contributing to significant information and education marketing campaigns (which can include audio, film and visual assets and resources).
As part of the digital and marketing team you will contribute to our wide range of communications initiatives by ensuring our digital channels meet the needs of our customers. This will include monitoring and reporting on performance, reviewing usability and content, and developing plans to further improve our channels.
You will be up-to-date with the latest digital trends, techniques and technologies, and will be able to identify how these can be leveraged in order to improve efficiency, quality and consistency.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate digital content and social media.
- Practical experience with Content Management Systems (ideally CWP/Silverstripe), Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- Knowledge of web content best practices, including writing for the web, plain English, search engine optimisation, and accessibility.
- Experience across the full marketing mix, including developing, implementing and monitoring digital marketing campaigns is desirable.
- An understanding of user experience (UX) principles and best practices.
- Experience in using website analytics to identify digital trends and make actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills – able to handle multiple competing projects, tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality and accuracy of work.
- Proven ability to quickly establish and maintain strong working relationships, including with external stakeholders.
A tertiary qualification is preferable – ideally in a related area (online/digital communications and marketing).
Must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
The Information and Education team sits with in the Housing and Tenancy Services Branch. The team's mission is to:
- Shape information and education initiatives that motivate behavioural change, improving how the housing and tenancy system functions.
- Collaborate with the wider housing and tenancy system including internal and external partners to contribute to shared goals and support sector compliance
- Deliver timely ‘source of truth' information through communication channels to educate audiences about their rights and responsibilities.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Matt.Guy at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1441596 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 26 January 2020