Senior Advisor Governance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Advisor Governance_PDU - Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Are you highly collaborative with excellent organisational skills?
- Do you have experience working with governing bodies in a secretariat role?
- Do you want to contribute to the administration and management of the Provincial Growth Fund, the government's flagship initiative, created to lift productivity potential in the provinces?
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Risk, Assurance and Governance you will work closely with other members of the Provincial Development Unit (PDU) to provide senior governance advice and secretariat support to PDU functions, including the Independent Advisory Panel and the Senior Regional Officials group.
What you will bring to the role
As a Senior Advisor, Governance, you will bring significant experience in developing, planning and managing the agendas, schedule of actions and information requests, minutes of meetings, and all information management processes for governance meetings.
You will have a strong customer focus, work collaboratively with your peers and others and build and maintain excellent relationships with governance group members.
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Proven ability and experience in working with governing bodies, specifically providing a wide range of governance support services to a high standard.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, engage and build relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders, and establish credibility with senior leaders.
- Ability to work in a complex, ambiguous, and ever-changing environment and to progress with limited direction from management.
- Proven experience in working with senior managers in a large and complex organisation.
- Knowledge of the Machinery of Government (Ministers offices, ministerial and government processes)
- The ability to actively manage multiple work streams at the same time within tight time constraints.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing at a high level including the presentation of information to deliver high quality outputs.
About the PDU
The Provincial Development Unit (PDU) has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF).
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org uoting ref MBIE/1441437 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 26th January 2020.