Radio Spectrum Investigator
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Desciption - Radio Spectrum Investigator, RSM, Market Service.pdf (PDF, 683KB)
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2020|
- Work in a rapidly developing field that is critical to New Zealand's economic development
- Compliance and enforcement
- Christchurch based opportunity, Permanent role
Radio Spectrum Management (RSM) is responsible for the allocation, regulation and compliance monitoring of radio spectrum use within New Zealand. This covers many services, including but not limited to, TV, AM/FM radio broadcasting, cellular mobile, satellite earth stations, trunked land mobile, maritime, aeronautical and short range devices.
We have a vacancy for Radio Spectrum Investigator in the Radio Spectrum Management (RSM) team in the Christchurch office within MBIE.
As a Radio Spectrum Investigator you will be responsible for conducting audits to ensure compliance in radiocommunications equipment and products, carrying out investigations into radio interference to safety of life, commercial and broadcast services and enforcing compliance with the Radiocommunications Act and Regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in electronics, engineering or related technical discipline
- Good knowledge of broadcasting, telecommunications, power reticulation systems and radiocommunication systems
- 12 – 18 months experience in radiocommunications field (university projects or work experience)
- Good analytical thinking ability and strong problem solving ability
- Self-managing – has ability to work independently
- Capable of developing alternative solutions to achieving desired outcomes
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships
- Good communication skills
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact Monica Chow at email@example.com.
To apply please click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 7th February 2020.