Business Analyst | Other
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Business Analyst, Employment Services, Market Services, Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 633KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2020|
- Provide business analytics capability across Employment Services
- 0.5 Part-time opportunity, fixed term through to March 2021
- Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch based
About the role:
As the Business Analyst you will be providing business analytics capability to the Employment Services branch across a variety of areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring that information is used to inform good governance and management decisions, supporting the implementation of technology changes and ensuring that quality management processes across the branch are managed, fit for purpose and effective.
You will be assisting with the design, implementation, maintenance and administration of Employment Services governance and performance management activities including quality and change management, reporting, analysis and delivery of ongoing reporting obligations.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience in an analytical role utilising complex information
- Wide ranging knowledge of business processes
- Proven ability to use reporting infrastructure tools
- Experience in understanding multiple data sources and create simple, understandable information and analysis to support decision making
- Ability to analyse data requirements and design solutions using appropriate business intelligence tools
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Highly organised with good time and task management skills
- The ability to provide a mix of business and technical support
About MBIE/Employment Services:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Employment Services provides employment dispute resolution services, regulates minimum employment standards through the Labour Inspectorate and provides employer systems and assurance through regulatory and business system enhancement.
How to apply:
Click on the “Apply Now” button to be redirected to our MBIE Careers site. Here you can read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MBIE/1441383 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 22 January 2020.