National Manager Dispute Resolution Employment | Other
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - National Manager Dispute Resolution Employment Services Market Services Jan 2020.pdf (PDF, 638KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Are you looking for your next exciting leadership opportunity?
- Are you keen to be part of an effective and high performing branch that is known for making a difference?
- The role is responsible for leading the employment mediation service, a highly valued, effective and busy national service.
- Fixed term – 8 months in Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch
About the role:
The employment mediation service seeks to be world leading in the prevention and resolution of disputes. We're looking to appoint a National Manager to lead the employment mediation service and be a member of the senior leadership team of the Employment Services Branch.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of experience and achievement in leading, developing, innovating and operating service delivery functions. You will also need great relationship management skills and commitment to improving employment relations in Aotearoa, NZ.
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with people across a range of different cultures and backgrounds – including at a sector and community level. You will have experience of fostering strong effective relationships with Maori and of leading culturally responsive service delivery. You'll be passionate about high quality service delivery outcomes for clients and have experience of leading strategic projects/programmes of work.
Do you have what it takes?
- Experienced Manager at a senior level
- Proven experience in leading leaders
- Proven experience in successfully managing change including processes, team culture and service delivery
- Strong understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Demonstrated competence and skill in Stakeholder engagement and experience of collaborating or partnering with others to achieve shared goals.
- High energy levels and initiative, possessing a strong results orientation and the ability to plan and deliver work and motivate others to work as part of a team.
- Is future-focused with a demonstrated ability to navigate and show leadership within an evolving operating environment.
- Knowledge of operating end-to-end dispute resolution systems and experience in employment relations and the wider employment sector would be an advantage.
This role will require you to travel within New Zealand.
How to apply:
Click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Email Monica Chow at Monica.Chow@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1440385 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 26 January 2020.