Systems Analyst - Payroll and Rostering | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Systems Analyst_Payroll and Rostering Solutions Dec 2019.pdf (PDF, 452KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2020|
- Supportive team environment
- Wellington based CBD location in our fantastic modern Stout Street Offices
- Permanent opportunity
About the role
As systems analyst Payroll and rostering solutions, in our payroll systems team you will provide support and maintenance to our payroll and rostering solutions, providing technical systems and configuration support, changes, and maintenance.
This role involves reviewing business requirements, documentation, configuration, testing, security and report writing.
In addition you will work as part of a busy team and be able to work to deadlines, have a strong understanding of the change control lifecycle, business testing, payroll legislation, and excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Skills and Experience
- Payroll analysis, and configuration changes, with experience in AMS Leader, SAP – HCM Payroll (EC / ECP) and Kronos desirable.
- A high level of attention to detail and an inquisitive mind so that risks and decisions are clearly understood and documented.
- Experience in reporting, infotypes, and relational databases in Payroll and Rostering systems.
- Good understanding of payroll legislation and processes
- Excellent understanding of the systems life cycle for change management and change control.
- Exceptional customer service focus
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management skills
- Involvement in key project work that affects the payroll team, and the payroll systems and configuration
- Mentoring and training of other team members
Why work for us
- Be part of a focussed payroll team committed to meeting the needs of the business in a collaborative and productive manner
- Enjoy the challenges associated with identifying barriers and facilitating solutions in a complex operational environment
- Provide quality service at all times
About the organisation
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
This vacancy reports to the Team Leader Payroll Systems and Processes, in the People and Culture Group of MBIE.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference MBIE/1439836 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 22nd January 2020