Senior Marketing Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD-ECoMs Senior Marketing Advisor Nov 2019 (1).pdf (PDF, 343KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2020|
- Be a trusted advisor to the business, providing strategic advice on a broad range of marketing activity
- Partner with stakeholders, to identify proactive opportunities for new and innovative ways to deliver on the business strategy and goals of business units
- Work across the whole organisation to create, tailor and deliver integrated marketing communications campaigns (including social, events, digital and traditional)
- Brief, procure and coordinate internal and external suppliers to deliver customer focused campaigns
This is a permanent role in the Communications and Ministerial Services branch within the Corporate Governance and Information group of MBIE. We are looking for a highly experienced senior marketer to work in a quality-driven Design and Marketing team to provide strategic advice and expertise across MBIE.
About the team
The focus of the Design and Marketing team is to work alongside the business to help them deliver what they need to their customers. This can be both internal and external to the business. As well as a number of designers, the team delivers a range of marketing campaigns, and has specialists in the areas of social media, sponsorship, and event management. The diversity of the projects we are involved in means that no two days are the same.
Skills and experience required
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality strategic marketing advice to a range of diverse business groups.
- Experience in dealing with dynamic business environments, with the ability to change direction and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrate strong ability in using a wide range of traditional and digital channels to affect consumer behaviour and change.
- Excellent project management/event planning experience and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to advise on, support and analyse social media activity.
- Ability to manage internal and external providers and convey feedback constructively.
- Account management (particularly in an Agency environment) and All of Government procurement experience are desirable.
MBIE works to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improve job opportunities and ensure quality housing is more affordable.
These aspirations are echoed in our Maori identity – Hikina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
As the New Zealand Government's lead business-facing agency, we are changing the way government works for, and with, business.
For further information and to apply please visit click ‘Apply' or visit careers.mbie.govt.nz and search reference number MBIE/1439421.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. For more information or any questions please email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz
Applications close 5pm on Tuesday 28 January 2020.