Solicitor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Solicitor 1 - Aug-19.pdf (PDF, 352KB)
Position Description Solicitor 2 - Aug-19.pdf (PDF, 354KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Commercial advisory and contracting experience
- Busy stimulating role with a high degree of client interaction
- Provision of pragmatic, solutions-focussed commercial legal adviceacross a broad range of contracts (including ICT, All of Government and funding arrangements)
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship skills and a genuine interest in understanding and supporting the clients
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive solicitor to join our in-house Commercial Legal team to advise on a broad range of commercial transactions and issues. You will be working in a friendly and supportive environment where you will receive the guidance and support you need. However over time you will have the opportunity to work with a high level of autonomy which will give you the chance to lead pieces of work when appropriate.
Skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in law and a current practising certificate (or be eligible to obtain one).
- Experience in the provision of general commercial contract advice, (ideally including ICT experience).
- An understanding of the mechanisms of government or a desire to learn them.
- Strong legal technical skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills which allow you to effectively convey key messages and ideas and to simplify complex issues suitable to the audience.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Enthusiasm, drive and a proactive nature.
Why work for us
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to develop new approaches. Our collaborative team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and “best in class” attitude. We are a fun, focused and supportive team who works hard to deliver excellence to our customer groups.
MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. As part of the Corporate Governance and Information Group, MBIE's Legal Branch is responsible for providing a centre of legal advice leadership and expertise for MBIE, and is an exemplar of best practice for both the public service and the wider New Zealand labour and business markets.
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply' button which will take you to our website where you can read the position description. To apply, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith joanne.smith quoting ref MBIE/1439091 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 26th January 2020.