Manager Risk Reporting & Operations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Risk Reporting and Operations PD.pdf (PDF, 635KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Lead the development and implementation of MBIE's risk management and reporting framework and associated work programme
- Managing a small team of risk specialists providing support and advice to the business
- Dynamic environment with a focus on exceeding customer expectations
About the role
We are seeking an experienced manager who is passionate and committed to making a real difference to how risk management is valued across the business. This is an exciting time to join a high performing team as we refresh our approach to risk management including rolling out a new enterprise Risk and Hazard Tool.
Reporting to the General Manager Enterprise Risk and Compliance, your ability to influence and motivate others to lift organisational capability around risk management are core skills you bring to the role. We are looking for a self-starter who can bring a fresh perspective and who thrives in a complex and changing environment.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- A strategic thinker who is able to make the connections between various aspects of the organisation and implications for their function
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience best practice risk practices, frameworks, tools, including developing business improvement strategies
- Experience leading a risk function in a large, complex environment
- Proven leadership skills including demonstrated ability to engage and motivate staff and an ability to build a strong high performing team
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with senior managers and build strong working relationships
- A relevant tertiary qualification (preferably business degree or Chartered Accountant qualified) is desirable
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
The Finance and Performance business group provides fundamental corporate services to the wider business and comprises approximately 170 staff located in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and offshore in Beijing and Mumbai.
The Group comprises the following functions:
- MBIE Property and Procurement
- Enterprise Performance and Reporting
- Financial Systems and Control
- Finance Business Partnering
- Enterprise Risk and Compliance
- Internal Assurance
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1439043 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 26th January 2020.