Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services, Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor - December 2019.pdf (PDF, 349KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2020|
- Help build New Zealands future - supporting the New Zealand Space Agency and Innovative Partnerships programmes within MBIE
- Develop stakeholder engagement plans, create engaging content and identify engagement opportunities including outreach programmes, international events and conferences
- 18 month fixed term role based in Wellington CBD
We are looking for an experienced senior engagement and communications professional to join a small and energetic team. In this role you will deliver stakeholder engagement strategies and create enticing and innovative content across a wide range of channels – all to support the work of the New Zealand Space Agency and Innovative Partnerships programme which seeks to bring cutting edge research and innovation partners to New Zealand.
This is a unique opportunity with both a domestic and international outreach component as we look to build the New Zealand space sector and profile New Zealand as a place to innovate.
We are looking for a smart and savvy coms professional who can think big and deliver, someone who can identify opportunities within the international and domestic science and innovation communities, and navigate complex environments that look to New Zealand's future.
You will have a strong track record of developing and successfully delivering exceptional stakeholder engagement strategies on large and complex programmes of work.
You will work in an energetic team - we pride ourselves on delivering high quality work often in a fast moving, and high profile environment. Being a self-starter with a great appreciation of the political landscape and wider government communication priorities is a must.
Reporting to the Manager, Engagement and Communications (Labour, Science and Enterprise), you will collaborate closely with our other advisors in communications, marketing, design, digital channels and ministerial services to deliver a joined-up communication approach that is customer-centric, constructive and solutions focussed.
Who are we looking for?
- A team player who is self-motivated with excellent, positive and confident stakeholder management skills
- An ability to think in different ways, generate ideas and look at problems from other perspectives
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to ‘follow your nose' to find, and solve, complex stakeholder engagement problems or opportunities
- Passionate, action orientated, able to develop project plans and content to deliver
- Top notch verbal and written communication and content creation skills
- Ability to translate technical content into plain English and for an international audience
For further information and to apply please visit click ‘Apply' or visit careers.mbie.govt.nz and search reference number MBIE/1438964.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. For more information or any questions please email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz
Applications close 5pm on Tuesday 28 January 2020.