Assistant Advisor People and Culture | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| People and Culture Assistant Advisor P C Operations and Systems . CGI - June 2019.pdf (PDF, 373KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2020|
- Grow your career within a high energy supportive HR team environment
- Strive to deliver excellent customer service
- Use your initiative and problem solving abilities
About the role
Due to internal promotion, there is an opportunity to join our People and Culture branch as an Assistant Advisor People & Culture within the myHR team.
As an Assistant Advisor People and Culture, which is the first point of contact for all managers HR queries after our intranet, you'll be responsible for delivering timely, high quality, consistent HR advice and documentation to managers and staff across MBIE.
The work is interesting, busy and has huge variety with no two days ever the same. This is an ideal role if you are looking for an opportunity to deepen your HR knowledge in a large, diverse government organisation or if you are a recent Human Resources graduate looking for your first opportunity to move into the field.
Skills and Experience
The following experience and attributes will enable you to succeed in the role:
- Sound knowledge of HR practices and employment legislation
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
- The ability to quickly establish, build and maintain strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large workload, multi-task and prioritise to meet competing demands
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to produce high quality work
- Passion for process improvement
- Be highly motivated with the ability to self-manage
Some previous experience working in an HR environment is desirable but if you are yet to make use of your academic HR qualifications then we are keen to hear from you too.
The purpose of The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1438697 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 26th January 2020.