Senior/Principal Advisor, Design & Implementation | Other
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Principal Advisor Design and Implementation - Jan 2.._ (002).pdf (PDF, 632KB)
Position Description Senior Advisor Design and Implementation - Jan 2020.._ (002).pdf (PDF, 632KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2020|
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for a Principal Advisor and a number of Senior Advisors to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders. You will get the opportunity to:
- Join and be part of creating an emerging team
- Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years
- Work for a team who has a key role to play in delivering on the Government's priorities for a sector that contributes to 10% of the New Zealand workforce and 6% of GDP
- Help make new laws work in the real world
What we are looking for
You will be a proactive and innovative person who has an excellent understanding and demonstrated competence in leading design and implementation work. You will be looking for an opportunity to play a critical role throughout the implementation process by:
- contributing to policy and regulation development, working with policy colleagues
- leading implementation work, including designing and developing implementation material
- ensuring a seamless implementation and transition to delivery of the changes.
You'll be able to plan and lead your projects and report to and advise governance groups and panels on your projects' progress.
You will have strong relationship management and collaboration skills, which will enable you to:
- work internally with colleagues in your own team, and across policy, communications and internal delivery teams
- represent your team and the branch in internal and external meetings
- facilitate discussions and gather subject matter intel from across the building sector, including local government building consent authorities, building industry experts, manufactures and importers of building products
- work with your team leader to help shape our emerging teams functions and culture.
Knowledge of the housing, property or building sector, or local government building consent authority procedures, or other government regulatory systems is an advantage
Who you will be working with
The Design and Implementation team sits in the Building System Performance branch in MBIE. We have a significant and growing work programme, and our core responsibility is to lead the development, design and implementation of changes to New Zealand's building regulatory system. We have a strong focus on talking to our stakeholders and understanding what is actually happening out in the real world. We value diverse perspectives, because we want to implement changes that are going to work!
The team has an exciting work programme over the next 12 months and we have a number of projects on the go including:
- implementing a new manufacturing certificate scheme for modern methods of construction
- new building products information requirements
- making changes to the way we investigate and enforce the building regulatory system
- new licensing regime for engineers doing safety critical engineering work
Find out more about some of our work here: https://www.building.govt.nz/getting-started/building-law-reforms/
Specifically, for each project our team may produce the following implementation material:
- feasibility assessments
- processes and procedural information
- business requirements for IT system changes
- technical rules for new schemes
- operational policy
- reporting frameworks
Why work for us?
We operate in a high trust environment and developing our staff is a key focus for us.
Staff are empowered to bring fresh and diverse perspectives to their work and to think outside the box.
We encourage excellence and will proactively support your development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
How to apply
We have multiple roles available including Business Analyst, Senior Business Analysts and Senior Advisor roles.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Steve – Steve.Scannell@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1438007/SAPL.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 27th January 2020.