Principal Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - SPP - Principal Advisor - Dec 2019.pdf (PDF, 347KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jan-2020|
- Are you highly collaborative and a great person to work with?
- Can you deliver engaging and succinct strategies and plans to help drive performance?
- Do you have a varied work history, with a range of skills and experiences to draw on?
Do you want to contribute to the administration and management of the Provincial Growth Fund, the government's flagship initiative, created to lift productivity potential in the provinces?
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, Strategy, Planning and Performance you will work closely with other members of the PDU, including senior leaders, to gather information and insights, and develop strategies, plans and reports that drive effective planning, performance and delivery.
You will have a varied work history with a good understanding of how the public sector operates, business planning activities, achieving a range of outcomes and effective delivery.
We are looking for a team player, and an experienced practitioner with strategic nous, strong relationship management skills and the ability to navigate through ambiguity.
To succeed in the role you will need to display:
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Substantial experience of business planning, analysis, internal consultation and engagement, and interaction with decision makers.
- Understand how a government agency functions, understands key government processes and current Government priorities.
- A strong track record of achievement of results and ability to maintain a clear focus on long term goals.
- Ability to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- The ability to function independently and as part of a team, as required.
- Familiar with project management concepts and the disciplines of project reporting.
About the PDU
The Provincial Development Unit (PDU) has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF).
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1437390 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 20th January 2020.