Office Administrator | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Office administrator - Market Services - jan 2020.docx (Word, 56KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2020|
- Play an integral part in a team who provide front line services to New Zealanders
- Busy role with a lot of variety
- Friendly and supportive team environment
About the role.
This full time, permanent role is an exciting opportunity to join a team who are committed to making a difference to improving the wellbeing of New Zealanders. Bring your exceptional organisational and customer service skills to this team and be the glue that holds it all together.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Proven skills at organising a busy and varied workload
- A positive attitude with a strong focus on exceptional customer service
- A solid work ethic, good time management and strong attention to detail
- A desire to make life easier for everyone by being organised, efficient and effective in what you do
- Sound skills and experience in the Microsoft suite – especially Word and Excel
- Must have the legal right to live and work in NZ
About the team:
Housing and Tenancy Services sits within the Market Services Group of MBIE. The branch is responsible for:
- Administering the Residential Tenancies Act 1986, Unit Titles Act 2010 and the Healthy Homes Guarantee Act 2017.
- Providing services for resolving disputes, including mediation and the coordinating the Tenancy Tribunal
- Holding bond money in trust
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act, Healthy Homes Guarantee Act and associated regulations.
Tenancy Services mediation and the Tenancy Tribunal adjudication process provide generally accessible and cost-effective dispute resolution forums for tenancy disputes.
Why work for us?
Developing our staff is a key focus for MBIE. We aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars, development programmes, secondments, rotations to other branches and study opportunities.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
As a part of the recruitment process, there may be a requirement for shortlisted candidates to undergo skills testing.
The salary for this role is between $42,744 - $50,100 and appointment will be within this range based upon relevant skills and experience.
Email Matt.guy at Matt.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1435453 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 24 January 2020