Resettlement Case Officer | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| INZ - Position Description - Resettlement Case Officer .pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2020|
Refugee Resettlement Case Officer
- Looking to join a fabulous team focused on helping families build a new life in New Zealand?
- Enjoy working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment?
- Do you have the skills to work in a multi-disciplinary, fast paced role?
Why work for us?
Based in Mangere at the Refugee Resettlement Centre, the Refugee Quota Branch is responsible for the selection and resettlement of the refugees under the Refugee Quota Policy.
The objective of the Refugee Quota Policy is to provide a safe haven and resettle refugees who have been referred by the United National High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), in line with New Zealand's national, international and humanitarian obligations and commitments.
The Refugee Quota Branch also manages the reception centre and delivery of the reception programme at the Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre.
We have an exciting opportunity at the Refugee Quota Branch to help shape refugee lives.
Are you dynamic, flexible, have excellent relationship management skills and are able to multi-task? We are looking for a Resettlement Case Officer to join our team.
The Resettlement Case Officer will have a proven ability to arrive at viable solutions through a variety of approaches; critical thought, methodical review of implications, intuition and rational conclusions. The Resettlement Case Officer will be able to work alongside refugees to support their transition to resettlement in the community.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in Community Development, Social Work, International Development or other client support roles
- Have previous experience in delivering services in a complex environment requiring effective client case management and excellent writing skills
- Have strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise, manage high and sometimes changing workloads and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to establish credibility and build strong working relationships
- Have strong verbal communication skills
- Have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Have an understanding of refugee resettlement needs
- Experience in supporting clients with complex needs
- Demonstrate strong professional boundaries with clients and have an understanding of how to engage in reflective work practice
- Willingness to engage with ongoing professional development
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the apply button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Hutcheson at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1433911 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 31 January 2020