Manager Investment Operations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Manager Investment Operations.pdf (PDF, 218KB)
Manager Investment Operations - PD Nov 2019.docx (Word, 71KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Nov-2019|
- Leadership role in the Science System Investment and Performance branch
- Lead the investment processing function for MBIE's science investments
- Play a key role on building and maximising the overall capability of the Investment Operations team
- Lead a business transformation project to modernise the business operations with a new ICT system
We have a permanent opportunity available for the right person to lead our Investment Operations team!
In this role your focus will be on building and maximising the overall capability of the Investment Operations team to ensure high quality and consistency of advice on funding and contracting practices.
You will be knowledgeable of best practise funding and contracting operations and work in partnership with other managers and teams to ensure processes are compliant with legislation.
The Investment Operations Team leads:
- business process and system support to maximise the operations of investment processing
- the provision of specialised business support to ensure funding and contracting processes are run according to best practice standards
- the co-ordination of timeline planning, application, assessment, contracting and payment processes, data management, funding and contracting administration and external customer support
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- Ability to quickly establish and build effective working relationships
- Success in leading and managing a team and maintaining a team environment focussed on continuous improvement
- The ability to work at all levels of the organisation and relate to and gain the confidence of diverse stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge of business strategy including developing strategies, systems and policy settings with the ability to be forward thinking
- A sound working knowledge and understanding of the machinery of government and processes that apply within the state sector
- Planning and organisational management skills
- Leadership and coaching capabilities to embed a team culture to develop and/or maintain an effective team
You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Lapulou on Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 27 November 2019