Team Leader Corporate Registries | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Team Leader Corporate and Registries Jan-20.pdf (PDF, 329KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Feb-2020|
- Permanent team leader opportunity within our Corporate and Registries team
- Provision of strong leadership and relationship management
- Busy central Wellington role
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader position within our Corporate and Registries team.
The Corporate & Registries team provides legal advice across all of MBIE's operations and in relation to MBIE's regulatory systems. The team also provides advice on governance, integrity and conduct matters that touch the Ministry. This creates opportunities for our lawyers to work in relation to a range of regulatory systems and operational areas depending on experience and interest.
The Team Leader Corporate and Registries is a key team leadership position in MBIE responsible for building and enhancing the overall capability of the Team and Branch to ensure quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to the Team's deliverables.
You will bring your business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with your manager and other staff, overseeing and leading the day-to-day work of the team and allocating tasks across teams to ensure timely and high quality legal advice to meet MBIE's corporate and regulatory systems stewardship responsibilities.
We are interested to hear from candidates who have the following:
- Proven ability leading and managing diverse teams and people with a range of specialisations, building and maintaining a culture of excellence and focus on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance
- Strength and experience in the provision of complex legal advisory services with an understanding of regulatory practice
- An exceptional communicator who can build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels with an ability to develop trust and credibility with Senior Managers to provide them with strategic advice
- Demonstrated strategic thinking in assessing risk and making the connections between various aspects of the organisation and implications for the team
- Strong organisational skills, good reporting and analytical skills and high levels of integrity and flexibility with the ability to work proactively
- A working knowledge of public sector processes and the machinery of government is desirable
- Current holder of a practising certificate or ability to do so
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ.
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1429642 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 2nd February 2020.