Manager, Regulatory Services | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Manager Regulatory Services BSA Aug 2019.pdf (PDF, 362KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Mar-2020|
- Newly created strategic and operational opportunity
- Lead from the front and help MBIE realise its ambition to be a world-leading building system regulatory steward
- Dynamic and challenging role with the ability to make a difference
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years. Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
The Building System Assurance team is responsible for a range of building regulatory functions involving regulatory compliance, monitoring and assurance, and service delivery. These functions include monitoring of Building Consent Authorities and Territorial Authorities, building products assurance, oversight of CodeMark as the building product certification scheme, and assessment of MultiProof applications.
About the role
Reporting to the National Manager, Building System Assurance, the Manager Regulatory Services is responsible leading the Regulatory Services team and overseeing product assurance, the Codemark Scheme and National Multiple Use Approval (Multiproof) applications.
You will support the Manager Investigations and Manager Compliance and Assurance across the regulatory and investigative functions of the team. You will work collaboratively as part of the Building System Assurance management team to help drive transformational change and work together to lift the overall performance and culture of the team. You will also be responsible for all planning, monitoring and other management functions for the Regulatory Services team.
- Want a seat at the leadership table where your views and expertise will be valued
- Have proven experience in successfully managing at both a strategic and operational level, ideally within a large, complex organisation
- Enjoy leading through change and building strong, collaborative teams
- Have the ability to understand, use and explain regulatory frameworks
- Can work collaboratively across groups or functions and manage effective relationships with stakeholders
- Ideally bring a strong understanding of the issues facing the building and construction sector and a comprehensive knowledge of the Building Act
- Think it's important to be able to work in a flexible way that suits you, your work and your life.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,500 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all. We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation. We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. We welcome your questions and enquiries - to discuss please contact Marg by email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1428925.
Applications close on 4 March 2020