Information Access Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2019 Position Description - ICT - Information and Data - Information Access Advisor (1).pdf (PDF, 404KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2020|
- Key role driving information literacy and education
- Influence the use of information and data in MBIE
- Pivotal customer outreach role
Why work for us?
Our purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
Developing and empowering the MBIE staff to manage, use and reuse information and data will help strengthen the MBIE culture and lead to innovative employees and a high performing ministry. The Information Access team works to promote, educate and empower MBIE employees in their use and knowledge of information and data.
About the role
As an Information Access Advisor you will be part of an exciting team in MBIE.
Your main responsibilities will be to champion the smart use of information, as we grow the Ministry's maturity in turning data into knowledge. You will be a critical link between our business partners, our self-service information tools and our information and data professionals.
We are looking for a results focussed, highly motivated person who is passionate about the use of information and data and can instil enthusiasm and confidence into our customers. Your skills will include:
- Strong interpsonal and communication skills to engage at all levels of the organisation
- Strong writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of customer guidance and learning tools
- Knows and demonstrates accessibility, usability and writing for digital channels
- Knowledge or experience in facilitating workshops
- Understanding of information, data or content management practices
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
How to apply:
To apply, please click the ‘Apply' button which will take you to our website where you can read the position description. From there, apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for this role.
For further information please contact Fi Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference number MBIE/1428657
Applications close 5.00pm on Thursday 27 February 2020.