Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD- Advisor - PDU.pdf (PDF, 511KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2019|
- New roles (2) in a new team in the Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Support operational teams across a range of activities
- Work across the breadth of the Unit on continuous improvement activities
- 9 month fixed-term or secondment
Work in partnership with others to support the planning, design, development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, and provide effective and practical support across teams to enable the administration of the Provincial Growth Fund, the government's flagship initiative, created to lift productivity potential in the provinces.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Support and Improvement you will partner across the PDU to support the operational functions and work on business process improvement activities.
You will quickly build relationships and a sound understanding of the activities of the PDU to provide operationally-grounded support and advice.
You will work collaboratively across the PDU to ensure a range of voices contribute to the work programme of the team.
We are looking for motivated individuals with strategic nous, solid operations experience, strong relationship management skills and the ability to navigate through ambiguity.
To succeed in the role you will ideally have:
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: business process improvement, operational policy, service design (in a Government setting), or continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated general problem identification and solution skills and ability to develop robust solutions that are viable for government; technically possible and desirable for users and the community
- General business analyst skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective service delivery models and service excellence principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: demonstrated competence in effectively communicating complex ideas both orally and in writing to a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of public sector requirements and processes
About the PDU
The Provincial Development Unit (PDU) has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF).
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1426568 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 23 October 2019