Data Scientist - Identity | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Data Scientist - Identity.pdf (PDF, 375KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2019|
- Apply your data analysis and data mining skills to identity management at Immigration New Zealand
- Work in a rewarding and fascinating subject area of biometrics and identity fraud
- Permanent position based in Wellington
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
At the Ministry of Business Innovation & Employment, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
The Intelligence, Data and Insights (IDI) branch within Immigration New Zealand provides up-to-date intelligence and information to advise sound strategic and operational decision making at all levels across the immigration system.
About the role:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Sharing and Development team within Identity Services, IDI. The Data Scientist will:
- Maintain a framework for the management of identity matching engine settings
- Identify business problems and/or business risks and developing innovative solutions for implementation
- Provide analysis of and recommendations for the maintenance, upgrade or improvement of biometric systems
- Help monitor the stability of Identity systems and trouble shoot issues with the system as they arise
- Support quality assurance process of Identity teams
- Advance forecasting of identity resolution volumes
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be competent in the use of specialist Data mining and Analytics software (preferably both SAS and R based)
- Experienced in using advanced analytic tools to conduct complex analyses of large amounts of data or information
- Experienced in working across multiple analysis disciplines and processes
- Experienced in using analytics modelling or statistical analysis in a risk and / or operational research environment
- Capable of translating complex and technical information into information easily understood by non-technical staff
- Be professionally active and aware of recent developments in methodologies and practices
- Interested in biographic matching, biometric matching and identity management
- Able to build productive working relationships
- Able to understand and process new information quickly
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills
Applicants must be a New Zealand or Austrailian citizen or hold a residence class visa.
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Confidential government security clearance.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1426539 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 24 October 2019