Business Advisory Services Manager Housing & Tenancy | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Manager Business Advisory Services_Sept 2019.pdf (PDF, 114KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2019|
- Lead a team supporting an award winning operational branch
- Key strategic leadership role
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
About the role
We are looking for a Business Advisory Services Manager to join the Housing and Tenancy Services Branch of MBIE.
As the Business Advisory Services Manager you will provide strong leadership and effective management of the team which is responsible for strategic and operational advice to the General Manager and Leadership Team, leading machinery of government and planning and accountability processes including reporting and monitoring for the Branch and ensuring strong connections exist with other corporate and support areas within the Ministry. The team also leads the ISO 9001 continuous improvement work stream as well as oversight of the operation of the Branch cost centres and finances.
To be successful in this role you will
- Have the ability to make critical decisions in a dynamic environment
- Be able to lead the business and financial planning work for the Branch and monitor the progress of the business unit's activities to deliver on plans and objectives
- Have highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent relationship management skills and experience
- Possess strong influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes for the Branch
- Be able to motivate your team and effectively leverage each member's capabilities to deliver high quality outcomes
- Be committed to developing and growing your people
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with staff, managers, and customers
- Proven experience and working knowledge of regulatory activities, machinery of government and public sector accountability processes
About the Branch
The Housing and Tenancy Services Branch is a business unit within the Market Services Group of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Housing and Tenancy Services are responsible for a number of important legal and regulatory frameworks, and the span of activity ranges from information and education programmes, making determinations on disputed building and construction issues, tenancy bond and dispute resolution services, financial assistance to homeowners with leaky homes, as well as conducting investigations and taking enforcement action against serious non-compliance.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. Here you can view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application. Please upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via this online advertisement.
Email Matt.Guy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1426170 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 24th of October 2019