Senior Policy Advisor/Policy Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Policy Advisor - July 2019.pdf (PDF, 389KB)
Position Description - Policy Advisor Aug-19.pdf (PDF, 343KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Oct-2019|
- Work within a lively and stimulating team to improve New Zealand's prosperity and wellbeing.
- Work with and across MBIE's groups to help identify and shape future priorities
- Help identify NZ's medium- to long-term economic challenges and opportunities
About the role
Strategic Policy is looking for an inquisitive and experienced Senior Policy Advisor or Policy Advisor to join our small and nimble team within our Economic Strategy Branch. This is an outstanding opportunity to bring your policy, analytical and strategy skills to bear on issues that matter for the wellbeing of New Zealanders.
The Strategic Policy team supports the Senior Leadership Team and works across MBIE's policy areas to help set MBIE's medium-term direction and co-ordinate the development of the Government's economic strategy.
- We identify and respond to policy issues that cut across MBIE's areas of responsibility and help to align areas of the organisation.
- We contribute to a deeper understanding of the economic system and co-ordinate cross-agency advice relating to the Government's economic agenda.
- We look forward, helping MBIE to identify and respond to medium- to long-term opportunities and risks to the economy.
Skills and Experience required
To be successful you will need to:
- apply economic frameworks to a range of policy issues
- provide robust policy analysis, advice and intellectual leadership
- assist and challenge other policy team members and staff across MBIE to think laterally about policy issues and solutions
- foster an open, collaborative environment that encourages quality, innovation, on-going learning and knowledge sharing
- be able to develop and implement projects
- establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
Why work for us?
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about developing our economy in order to improve all New Zealanders' standards of living.
Working in Strategic Policy, you will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and work on exciting cross-cutting or future-focussed policy issues
- Build a strong understanding of New Zealand's economic development
- Work within a multidisciplinary team with a diverse work programme
- Help shape MBIE's strategic direction in order to help achieve the organisation's economic goals
- Build strong links across the organisation and with partner agencies
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1426031 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 22nd October 2019.