Verification Officer | New Delhi
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Verification Officer JD New Delhi (2).doc (Word, 59KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2019|
We invite staff within MBIE to apply for the following position:
- Verification Officer (secondment position)
- Based at the New Zealand High Commission in New Delhi
The Verification Officer position is part of the Risk and Verification network within the Verification & Compliance branch. You will work closely with decision makers at Immigration New Zealand and other key stakeholders, to provide specialist verification support and risk guidance, specifically as it relates to local geographical and defined product areas.
Utilising strong investigative techniques you will be responsible for determining the authenticity of information presented and advise on immigration related decisions accordingly. Strong analytical skills and the ability to make timely, informed communications will be essential to be successful in this role.
Working collaboratively with external agencies and on and offshore staff you will develop strong professional relationships to leverage positive and timely immigration related outcomes.
Experience required for the position:
- Previous verification experience
- Strong interviewing techniques
- Working knowledge of fraud trends and verification techniques
- In-depth knowledge of concepts and profiling
Coupled with strong interpersonal skills and inbuilt radar and understanding for fairness and natural justice, you will play a key role in defining informed, sound and just immigration decisions on behalf of Immigration NZ.
Criteria for an employee interested in applying for a new role:
- Your current role is your substantive position (i.e. not an acting role or secondment)
- You are a permanent employee
- There is no conflict of interest- http://thelink/tools/policies/Policies/Conflict%20of%20Interest%20Policy.pdf
- You have been in your current role and office for at least 6 months
- There are no current documented performance issues
All applicants must have the ability to work or to obtain a visa to work in India. You will be hired as a locally engaged staff member under the employment laws of India. There will be no assistance with additional living expenses or relocation costs.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Hutcheson, at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1420625 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm (NZST) on Friday 25th October 2019