Executive Assistant | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Executive Assistant AR KS October 2019 v2.pdf (PDF, 577KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2019|
- Provide high calibre support to General Managers within Corporate, Governance and Information group
- Varied and challenging role within a high profile division
- Permanent opportunity – Wellington CBD
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Assistant to provide executive support to the General Manager of the Security and Emergency Management branch and also for the General Manager of Enterprise, Strategy, Governance and Performance branch.
Working in a dynamic and changing environment, you will be responsible for diary management, monitoring all communication, preparation of documentation, arranging travel, event management, organising external and internal appointments, working with the wider support team. A strong client focus is important as well as the ability to build a strong understanding of CGI, its priorities and business plans and the key stakeholders with which it interacts. You will maintain effective internal and external relationships, deal with high level, urgent and confidential issues and work effectively with the teams as needed.
You'll always be two steps ahead, anticipating what is required and when, whilst ensuring that tasks are completed to a high level.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Executive support role experience is preferred but not essential
- Wide ranging knowledge of administration systems and processes
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Significant experience and proficiency covering Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads effectively, to ensure high quality results within deadlines
- Previous public sector experience is preferred but not essential
- An ability to convey content in a jargon free way that engages and meets the needs of the audience
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- A strong customer focus.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
Applicants will be required to pass security clearance at Confidential level.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Sarah Frost at email@example.com if you have any further questions quoting reference MBIE/1425557
Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 28th of October 2019.