Senior Research and Data Analyst | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Research and Data Analyst Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 435KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2019|
- Are you an experienced research or evaluation specialist keen to join a multi-disciplinary team, working in a contemporary and fast-paced area of public policy?
- Do you enjoy unpacking complex systems and designing mixed method approaches to measurement and evaluation?
- Would you love to be part of a large branch of research and evaluation professionals?
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced research or evaluation specialist to join the Building and Tenancy Evidence & Insights team at MBIE. We are a multi-disciplinary team delivering research, analysis and evaluation, focused primarily on the building system. You will have expertise in the end-to-end process of scoping, designing, and delivering research or evaluation projects. Ideally you will have experience using mixed methods and enjoy working with others to deliver insights. The successful candidate will lead complex research or evaluation projects, support and mentor others in the team, and contribute to the strategic direction of the team.
Why work for us?
MBIE's Evidence and Insights branch develops the evidence base for MBIE's decision making. We provide trusted information on the impact and effectiveness of government initiatives. We provide the data, analysis, and insights that help decision-makers do their best work. We support and influence the policy debate and provide direct advice to Government and information to stakeholders and the public. With over 70 staff, we have a broad range of expertise and offer excellent opportunities for development.
The Building and Tenancy team is a multidisciplinary group delivering research, analysis and evaluation, focused primarily on the building system. We are looking for someone who will bring curiosity and new perspectives to the team.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in the end-to-end process of scoping, designing, and delivering research or evaluation projects
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to shape, plan and manage projects
- Able to be pragmatic, find a way forward and adopt a fit-for-purpose approach
- Interested in making the best use of the available data sources
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Ability to communicate to different audiences (e.g. policy and operational)
- Good interpersonal skills and a motivation to work collaboratively within and across agencies
This is a senior role open to candidates with substantial (ideally 5+ years) experience.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MB1425438 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 23rd of October 2019.