Advisor/Senior Advisor Service Design | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Advisor Service Design Policy Oct 2019.pdf (PDF, 350KB)
Position Description - Advisor,Service Design Policy Oct 19.pdf (PDF, 348KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Oct-2019|
- Would you like to be part of a multi-disciplinary, high impact team that works across policy and service delivery?
- Are you committed to linking people, policy and operations?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of working within and across complex regulatory systems?
- Roles at both Advisor and Senior Advisor levels
- Permanent opportunities, Wellington office
Come and use your design skills with us!
We are looking for good sorts, who are passionate about using design thinking to improve how government services are delivered.
Our reason for being is to ensure the service delivery and regulatory areas we support take a human-centred approach in everything they do.
We have some exciting permanent opportunities at both Advisor and Senior Advisor levels in the Service Design Policy team within our Market Services Group here in Wellington.
We are a multi-disciplinary, high impact team that works with both policy and service delivery colleagues. We use integrated operational policy and service design capabilities to make a difference in how government deals with New Zealand businesses and individuals.
We provide input into policy and service development and lead or participate in policy implementation initiatives, including translating legislation and policy into practice. We apply design thinking principles to achieve human-centred outcomes. We want you to help us ensure the Market Services Group develops and maintains high quality, innovative and user-centric regulatory practices.
We provide a supportive, collaborative and flexible work environment where innovation and New Zealanders' needs are central to our way of working.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have shown a commitment to multi-disciplined, creative approaches to problem identification and solution development
- Have a demonstrated ability to work from a human-centred perspective, with an understanding of design thinking methodologies
- Have a demonstrated ability to think analytically and express ideas clearly
- Have excellent communication skills (written, visual, oral)
- Have excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills
- Have knowledge of public sector requirements
- Be experienced in working collaboratively with a wide range of different people
- Be self-motivated, resilient, able to meet deadlines and drive for solutions in an agile and changeable environment
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred.
To apply for this exciting role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. Please indicate which position (advisor/senior advisor) you are applying for in your cover letter.
If you have any queries please contact Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 1423394.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Sunday 27 October