Telecommunications Commissioner | Other
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Telecommunications Commissioner.docx (Word, 78KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2019|
- Application closes 5pm, 23 October 2019
- Location: New Zealand
- Position Type: Full-time
Summary of the position
On behalf of the Minister for Communications, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (the Ministry) is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment to the role of Telecommunications Commissioner. The Telecommunications Commissioner is a member of the Commerce Commission (the Commission).
The Ministry is looking for candidates with skills and expertise that include:
- knowledge of, or experience in, the telecommunications industry, commerce, economics, law, accountancy, public administration, or consumer affairs.
- a good understanding of the critical issues faced by the telecommunications industry
- familiarity with the various approaches taken by significant overseas jurisdictions in regulating their telecommunications markets
- the ability to oversee the investigation, monitoring and enforcement work of the Commerce Commission's telecommunications team
- familiarity with the economic and financial analysis critical to regulatory decision-making
- experienced at working within statutory guidelines to make decisions
- strong communication and relationship management skills.
The role of Telecommunications Commissioner is full-time. The appointment is likely to commence in July 2020.
Candidates interested in applying to be the Telecommunications Commissioner should also have skills and experience to be able to effectively contribute to the Commission's strategic and planning responsibilities under the Crown Entities Act 2004.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience required at this particular time. The Ministry supports diversity and welcomes applicants from all regions, sectors and backgrounds.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please click on this link, which will take you to the Treasury's Board Appointment database. You will need to register on the database if you do not already have a profile and you will need a RealMe account. Once you have a registered profile, you can then apply for this role or other board vacancies via the ‘positions under consideration' page. We strongly recommend uploading to your profile your current CV and a brief covering letter specific to this role, outlining why you are applying and how your skills and experience match the required criteria.
Please do not apply through the MBIE careers site but via this link
If you have log on issues, the RealMe helpdesk, who administers the log on service, is available 24/7 on 0800 664 774 (NZ), +64 4 463 9376 (from overseas) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries about the position, please contact email@example.com.