Manager, Transitions Strategy | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD FINAL Manager Transitions Strategy Sept 2019.pdf (PDF, 426KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Oct-2019|
- Newly created senior position leading our economic transitions work programme
- Work across government to deliver outcomes
- Diverse and challenging operating environment
About the role.
Reporting to the General Manager, Economic Strategy, the Manager, Transitions Strategy is responsible for building a high-performing team that will lead, coordinate and integrate a strategy and work programme to respond to economic transitions, including the transition to a low emissions economy and the future of work. You will utilise well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills to be the key conduit across MBIE and with other agencies, working collaboratively to deliver the work programme.
We are looking for an experienced strategic leader and people manager with political nous who relishes the challenge of working in a fast paced and agile environment to achieve great outcomes.
The Strategic Policy and Programmes group is on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding function that is recognised as such by its stakeholders. In this role you will help guide the direction of our transitions strategy as we continue on that journey.
We are interested to hear from candidates who have the following:
- Proven experience leading and managing diverse teams and people with a range of specialisations, building and maintaining a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability in building and delivering on a strategic vision
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the key influences on the New Zealand economy, business environment and relevant markets, especially in relation to climate change and the future of work.
- The ability to work at all levels of the organisation and across the system and to develop and maintain key networks and relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Previous experience related to the operations of the public sector and government and ability to manoeuvre through complex political situations effectively and efficiently.
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- The legal right to live and work in NZ.
About the branch:
The Manager, Transitions Strategy reports into the General Manager, Economic Strategy in the Strategic Policy and Programmes Group.
The Strategic Policy and Programmes Group's mission is ‘Looking ahead, working across – Haumi ē, Hui ē, Tāiki e!'
The Group comprises the following functions:
- Te Kupenga - Māori Economic Development Unit
- Chief Economist
- Economic Strategy
- Regulatory Systems Stewardship and Assurance
Why work for us?
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad range of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
MBIE's purpose of is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1421798 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 20th October 2019.