Workforce Planner | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Immigration Border Operations - Workforce Planner Final.pdf (PDF, 350KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Sep-2019|
- New and exciting position to help us manage our 24/7 roster
- Develop and drive the strategic direction of capacity planning
- Analyse data to provide real time reporting
- Are you a workforce planner extraordinaire?
- Location flexible
About the role
The purpose of this position is to support Immigration Border Operations (IBO) by developing and driving the strategic direction of capacity planning (long-term) and workforce management (short-term) strategies to meet the expected Immigration Border Operations service demand, within the agreed limits of approved budget and FTE levels.
The Workforce Planner is responsible for the transition and ongoing governance of the Workforce Planner function, including forecasting, scheduling, real time management of resource needs, reporting and continuous improvement.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- A proven track record of experience in effective Workforce planning
- Good knowledge of Workforce Management tools, including demand planning, Workforce planning, Time & Attendance & Rostering
- An in-depth knowledge of manual forecasting methods and formulas
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills to work at all levels
- The ability to explain complex information in an easy to understand manner and generate “buy in' from key stakeholders
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1421150 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 29 September 2019.