PA/Team Administrator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Personal Assistant Team Administrator NZGPP Feb 2019.pdf (PDF, 171KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2019|
- We are looking for a highly organised, experienced and motivated administrative professional
- Use your talent and expertise to provide professional support services to the Director, enabling them to deliver their priorities
- Work in a team of skilled commercial, procurement and property specialists
- Be part of a high performing and dynamic team working on significantly important cross-government projects
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
We are looking for a new PA super star, is this you? If so read on …
The New Zealand Government Procurement & Property branch of the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) has a permanent PA/Team Administrator position available in its Delivery Services team. As PA/Team Administrator you will work in a fast-paced, diverse environment, providing high level administration support to the Director Delivery Services and team as required. The role reports to the Director Delivery Services.
The Delivery Services directorate at MBIE is a large team of commercial, property and procurement professionals who provide advice, design and manage contracts and leasing arrangement and support agencies deliver on their individual goals. Delivery Services has a cohesive team environment where you will be supported by the people that you support. To be part of this exciting dynamic team, you will need to be client-focused, flexible, have the ability to prioritise and have a positive and pro-active approach to your work ensuring that tasks are completed to a high standard while keeping excellent time management.
The PA/Team Administrator will provide support in a pragmatic and constructive way that has a positive impact on the Director Delivery Services and their team. Your job is to keep the office running smoothly.
The PA/Team Administrator will provide professional assistance to support the Director and managers to meet their wide-ranging priorities and accountabilities by:
- dealing with multiple high level, urgent and confidential issues
- developing and delivering sound administrative systems and processes to assist the Director and managers to achieve decision making outcomes
- assisting management in prioritising key tasks
- diary management and monitoring of telephone calls, emails and other communication
- preparation of documentation on the Directors behalf
- arranging travel, both domestically and internationally
- assisting with event management and catering for business units and teams
- processing of invoices and payments
- ordering and purchasing of office equipment
- liaising with facilities and IT staff
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of significant experience and achievement in providing personal and administrative support to managers and teams in a high paced environment
- Demonstrated agility in supporting multiple teams and responding to changes in priorities
- Wide ranging knowledge of administration systems and processes
- Sound relationship management skills
- Understanding of MBIE and where the branch fit in delivering the outcomes for the Ministry
- Proactive and uses initiative
- Good standard of computer literacy and word processing
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to prioritise work to achieve MBIE outcomes
- Willingness to work in a flexible and dynamic environment
If you're up for the challenge, we want to hear from you. In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, development opportunities and exciting work in a fun, fast paced team.
To apply for this exciting role, click on the “Apply Now” button. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
If you have any queries please contact Lapulou Mo'ale on Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday, 26 September 2019.