Senior Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Compliance Border Operations - Senior Business Analyst PD September 2019.pdf (PDF, 449KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2019|
- Great opportunity to step up into a Senior Role
- Drive development of technology within Immigration New Zealand Border
- Mentor and represent the Business across a wide variety of INZ and MBIE projects
- Influence the strategic direction of Border systems and technology
- Permanent opportunity
About the role.
The Border Systems and Projects Team within Immigration New Zealand are responsible for leading development and the implementation of new technology to enhance border security, manage systems development and collaborate across MBIE business groups and other external organisations.
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team based in our Wellington Office.
The Senior Business Analyst will bring their business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with the managers and analysts and other staff at Border. Thisrole will act as a business and technology expert, representing the Border to the wider organisation and ICT practice.
What we can offer you?
As an applicant looking to make the next step in their Business Analysis career, we can offer a Senior role with plenty of opportunity to build your skills and understanding across multiple projects and systems within Immigration New Zealand. The opportunity to share your knowledge as you mentor and work with other Business Analysts and teams as a Subject Matter Expert on projects across Immigration, and the wider MBIE.
Skills and experience required:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience of business analysis work including working with impact analysis, tools and methodologies.
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in business process design.
- Proven analytical and research skills.
- Manage initial scope through to detailed design including management of workshops.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to mentor others
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
- Must hold or be able to obtain an Aviation Security Clearance
- The ability to gain and maintain a National security clearance as required
About the wider team:
The Enablement branch was established in 2019 and sits within the Immigration New Zealand Group. The Enablement branch is responsible for delivery and coordination of INZ Project Office, ICT Systems, and is accountable for the change and support services consumed across INZ.
Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@MBIE.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1420591 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 26 September 2019.