Identity Resolution Specialists | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Identity - Identity Resolution Specialist updated September 2019 PD.pdf (PDF, 349KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2019|
- Permanent and Fixed Term opportunities
- Opportunity to develop your knowledge of biometrics and identity management
- Undertake facial image comparison tasks of a complex nature
- Wellington location
- Starting salary $60,659 per annum
Why work for us?
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
MBIE works to better support connect and strengthen businesses. It backs New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, better supporting businesses and streamlining regulation.
Compliance, Risk and Intelligence Services (CRIS) sits within Immigration New Zealand, a business group within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and is tasked with preventing and responding to immigration related offending and non-compliance. We develop and provide products and services that support quality decisions throughout the organisation, ensuring that risk is managed at the earliest point in the immigration process.
About the role
This is an excellent career development opportunity to gain experience in an evolving and exciting area of biometrics: facial image comparison.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manual resolution of complex facial comparison cases
- Reviewing, resolving and linking client information
- Engage in training/mentoring programme to ensure facial comparison skill set develops
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have;
- Knowledge of or interest in biometrics, identity management and facial image comparison techniques
- A proactive and action oriented nature and an appreciation of quality service delivery
- A high attention to and keen eye for detail
- Ability to remain focused while delivering consistent, accurate results
- Intermediate experience using computer technology
There is some flexibility in working hours, but you may be required to perform shift work to meet business needs.
Please note you will be required to work over the Christmas/New Year period
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa
Email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1420339 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 26 September 2019.