Advisor/Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Advisor, Service Design Policy. Market Service Sep 19.pdf (PDF, 348KB)
Position Description - Senior Advisor, Service Design Policy, Market Services Sep 2019.pdf (PDF, 349KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2019|
- Would you like to be part of a multi-disciplinary, high impact team that works across policy and service delivery?
- Are you committed to linking people, policy and operations?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of working within and across complex regulatory systems?
- Roles at both Advisor and Senior Advisor levels
- Permanent opportunities, Wellington office
We have some exciting opportunities in the Service Design Policy team within our Market Services Group.
You will be part of a team that is at the forefront of using integrated policy and service design capabilities to make a difference in how New Zealand businesses and individuals interact with government.
In this role you will:
- provide input into policy and service development and lead or participate in policy implementation initiatives, including translating legislation and policy into practice.
- apply policy and operational policy principles to achieve the best outcomes for the public.
- work directly with regulatory managers to ensure the effectiveness of their operations.
- gain experience working across multiple different regulatory systems.
- get to work across MBIE to ensure the organisation develops and maintains high quality, innovative and user-centric regulatory practices.
Most importantly you will get to work in a supportive, collaborative and flexible work environment where innovation and user needs are central to our way of working.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a demonstrated understanding of public policy processes, taking into account both strategic and operational needs
- Have a demonstrated ability to think analytically and express ideas clearly
- Have excellent communication skills (written, visual, oral), including the ability to translate complex information for different audiences
- Have an understanding of systems thinking
- Have an understanding of research and design methods
- Have excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills
- Have knowledge of public sector requirements and processes relating to legislation and regulatory change
- Be experienced in working collaboratively with a wide range of different people
- Be self-motivated, resilient, able to meet deadlines and drive for solutions in an responsive and changeable environment
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred.
To apply for this exciting role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are keen to be consider for the Advisor role, Senior Advisor role or both positions.
If you have any queries please contact Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 1420075.
Applications close at Wednesday, 2 October 2019.