Immigration Manager - Porirua | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Immigration Manager.pdf (PDF, 346KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Sep-2019|
- Manage a team within a busy Visa Services office
- Challenging & rewarding management opportunity
- Porirua office, permanent full-time opportunity
Why work for us?
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. If you would like to play an integral part in our Ministry, then read on!
About the role:
The Immigration Manager position is a team leadership role. You will use your business understanding and perspective to work collaboratively with other leaders and staff in a complex, changing and dynamic operational/service delivery environment.
Your time will be spent managing the workflow of the team to meet organisational objectives and navigate effectively through policy and procedures, strong people leadership and management are key to this role.
As a member of the management team you will contribute to the leadership of the office.
You bring to us:
- Proven success leading people in a fast–paced service delivery environment.
- Experience in successfully implementing quality processes designed to streamline and improve productivity while being the customer service champion.
- Effective coaching and performance management of individuals or teams resulting in personal growth and achievement of organisational goals.
- Solving complex problems and being able to make sound decisions in a changing environment.
- Strong operational leadership and high performance in workflow management
- Experience in successful implementation and leadership of operational change while delivering on core services as change is implemented.
- Mental agility to multi-task, dealing with ad hoc requests through to completion within tight timeframes, while maintaining a positive outlook
- A collaborative management style.
- Excellent relationship building with peers and external stakeholders.
The Immigration Manager position is a band 16B role.
About MBIE and Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
The role of Immigration Manager sits within the Visa Services division. Visa Services is the main processing and operational arm of Immigration New Zealand.
Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
How to apply:
Click the APPLY button, complete the application form and submit your CV and Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via the online advertisement.
Refer to the attached PD for more information, if you have any further questions please email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1420071.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 23 September 2019.