Residential Assistants | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Refugee Quota - Residential Assistant PD UPDATED Aug 2019.pdf (PDF, 344KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2019|
- Do you enjoy working in a general maintenance environment then this could be the role for you
- Provide quality cleaning, hygiene education and pastoral care to our new residents
- Based out at the Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre
- Multiple full time vacancies - Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
The purpose of The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy and our people.
A new and exciting opportunity has come about for a motivated Residential Assistant staff member to join us is providing the maintenance and care of our Refugee Resettlement Centre.
About the role
Refugee and Protection Unit of the Settlement, Protection and Attraction group of Immigration New Zealand. This position makes a key contribution to the operations of the Refugee Quota Branch by providing general maintenance support and cleaning.
The Residential Assistant will be required to deliver results in the following areas:
- Assist with the induction of newly arrived residents
- Support residents adjustment to new surroundings
- Support residents with guidance and advice.
- Pastoral Care
- Ensuring service ability of equipment and buildings and keeping the grounds clean and tidy.
- Instruct the proper use of household appliances
- Provide quality cleaning, hygiene education
- General cleaning
We are looking for someone with a can do attitude who takes pride in keeping their environment clean and tidy.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience cleaning and working with cleaning chemicals.
- Good computer skills including Windows experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills and able to give presentations.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision, prioritising workloads including when under pressure of time
- Ability to work with people from differing cultural backgrounds, gender and abilities.
- Experience in a residential environment.
- The ability to gain and maintain a national security clearance as required
- Must have full current drivers licence.
How to apply:
Applicants must hold Citizenship or Residency to be eligible to apply for roles within Immigration New Zealand.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any further questions please contact Fi Sanderson on Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference: MBIE/1419796
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 22 September 2019.