Senior Advisor Risk, Assurance and Governance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Advisor Risk Assurance and Governance - September 2019 .pdf (PDF, 407KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Sep-2019|
- New role in the Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Collaborative, fast paced and innovative working environment
- 12 month (or less) fixed-term or secondment
Provide writing, analysis and communication skills to support key work-streams relating to performance, evaluation and assurance of the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF), the government's flagship initiative, created to lift productivity potential in the provinces.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Risk, Assurance and Governance you will use your strong writing, analytical and communication skills to support design, development and implementation of the PGF performance and evaluation framework and the PGF assurance work programme.
You will work collaboratively with others in the PDU, and across different agencies, to deliver key products.
We are looking for an experienced senior advisor with strong relationship management skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment and to navigate through ambiguity.
To succeed in the role you will need to display:
- Strong writing, analytical and communication skills
- The ability to synthesise information from a range of sources
- The ability to quickly build and maintain strong working relationships
- A can-do attitude and a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- The ability to develop trust and credibility and influence a wide range of MBIE and other government stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of public sector requirements and processes
- A relevant tertiary degree.
About the PDU
The Provincial Development Unit (PDU) has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF).
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1418684 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday the 19th of September 2019