Senior Business Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Business Advisory Services, Employment Services Branch, Market Services Sep 2019.pdf (PDF, 436KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Sep-2019|
- Provide senior advisory capability to the Employment Services branch across a wide variety of areas
- Permanent full-time position
- Wellington CBD based
About the role:
As the Senior Business Advisor within the Employment Services branch you will be responsible for providing advisory capability across a wide variety of areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring that information disseminated within and outside the Branch is accurate and of high standards including Ministerial servicing. You will also be responsible for undertaking information reporting for the branch, using intelligence and system information to assess wider impacts within our work.
As the Senior Business Advisor you will assist with the design, implementation, operation and oversight of Employment Services governance and performance monitoring activities including governance reporting.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work and come to an understanding of unfamiliar and complex issues
- Proven ability to develop frameworks and manage systems/processes
- Strong quality of business writing
Experience with Ministerial servicing and understanding of OIA requirements
- Ability to quickly identify ways of thinking about the problem/issue and possible pathways forward
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong communication skills
- A relevant qualification is desirable and/or comparable relevant experience in planning, reporting and accountability
About MBIE/Employment Services:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Employment Services provides employment dispute resolution services, regulates minimum employment standards through the Labour Inspectorate and provides employer systems and assurance through regulatory and business system enhancement.
How to apply:
Click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Email Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1418210 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 22nd September 2019.