Senior International Partnership Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior International Partnerships Advisor CERT NZ SSD MS August 2019.pdf (PDF, 363KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Sep-2019|
- CERT NZ is helping create a secure and resilient online New Zealand - come and join us!
- Are you an exceptional advisor with experience in international engagement?
- Are you an experienced organiser with strong relationships and communications skills?
- We are looking for a permanent candidate, based in central Wellington, to help deliver to an ambitious programme.
- Industry competitive salary
We're looking for people who are passionate and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people.
CERT NZ is a relatively new government-enabled organisation that advises everyday New Zealanders and organisations on how to avoid and manage cyber security threats. We work across the private and public sectors and with our international partners to address cyber security threats to New Zealand.
This is an exciting opportunity for an International Partnerships Advisor professional to join CERT NZ. We're a small, high-performing team with a big and highly topical mandate. We need people who can operate at a strategic level but aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and do the work too. Because we're a relatively new unit, we're still building and you'll have the opportunity to influence, shape, and be proactive.
Reporting to the Manager, Governance and International in CERT NZ, you will be responsible for organising and ensuring CERT NZ's active participation in the international information security community.
As part of the international CERT community, CERT NZ has a role to play in global cyber security. You will also be responsible for coordinating and supporting the CERT NZ team to participate across a range of networks, forums and engagements.
You'll have an awareness of new developments and trends in the international cyber security community and take a lead role in ensuring CERT NZ is recognised on the international stage, across a range of networks, forums and engagements.
You'll develop the international strategy, and work on internal reporting and travel programmes while providing close support to the CERT NZ management team. You will also facilitate the flow of information to and from international partners, and participate in regular international coordination calls which may require flexibility with working hours.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to adapt rapidly and be self-directed
- Excellent relationship & communication management skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with the stakeholders at all levels
- An understanding of, or experience in, international engagement and/or information security is highly desirable
- Ability to relate to and understand differing cultures, views and complex issues with sensitivity
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining government security clearance
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Monica Chow at email@example.com quoting reference number MBIE/1417969 if you have further questions.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application for this vacancy.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 18th September 2019.