Principal Pacific Partnership Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Principal Pacific Partnerships Advisor CERT NZ SSD MS August 2019.pdf (PDF, 364KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Sep-2019|
- CERT NZ is helping create a secure and resilient online New Zealand and Pacific - come and join us!
- Are you an exceptional relationship builder with experience in the Pacific or other international engagements?
- Are you passionate about building CERT cyber security capacity in the region?
- 3 year fixed term role, based in central Wellington, and travelling around the Pacific region to deliver to an ambitious programme.
- Industry competitive salary
We're looking for people who are passionate and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people.
CERT NZ is a relatively new government-enabled organisation that advises everyday New Zealanders and organisations on how to avoid and manage cyber security threats. We work across the private and public sectors and with our international partners to address cyber security threats to New Zealand.
This is an exciting opportunity to join CERT NZ. We're a small, high-performing team with a big and highly topical mandate. We need people who can operate at a strategic level but aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and do the work too. Because we're a relatively new unit, we're still building and you'll have the opportunity to influence, shape, and be proactive.
Reporting to the Manager, Governance and International in CERT NZ, you will be responsible for delivering to a committed programme of work to actively engage and build partnerships in the Pacific region, identify the needs of our close partners and how CERT NZ can support cyber security capacity building in the region at an operational level.
This is a new role, focused on building and managing relationships, conducting research and grass-roots cyber security capacity building work, representing CERT NZ in the region and ensuring that CERT NZ effectively contributes to the international CERT and information security communities.
The CERT NZ team have a broad range of skills and knowledge that will contribute to cyber security capability across the Pacific – it'll be your job to coordinate and package these into programmes that will work for our colleagues across the Pacific. A key part of this role is participating and facilitating in a range of networks, forums, engagements and training workshops. You develop the programme of work, provide internal reporting, travel programmes and updates for key stakeholders. This role will require travel to the Pacific, and participation in regular international coordination calls which may require flexibility with working hours.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Ability to relate to and understand differing cultures, views and complex issues with sensitivity
- Experience in developing and delivering successful programmes of work
- An understanding of, or experience in, international engagement
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to adapt rapidly and be self-directed
- Excellent relationship & communication management skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with the stakeholders at all levels
- Understanding of information security is highly desirable
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining government security clearance
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Monica Chow at email@example.com quoting reference number MBIE/1417598 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5pm, 17th September 2019.