Senior Property Portfolio Specialist | Wellington
|Category:||Property and Valuation|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Property Portfolio Specialist.pdf (PDF, 348KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Aug-2019|
- Use your extensive commercial, public sector and property expertise to enhance the Government property portfolio
- Work on the Government office accommodation programme
- 12 month fixed term (parental leave cover)
We have an opportunity for an experienced property specialist to join our team for 12 months! You will be enthusiastic about influencing All of Government's property portfolio and supporting agencies with their property matters.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment are the functional lead for property across the Public sector and this role sits within the New Zealand Government and Procurement branch. You will report to the Manager Property, Planning & Advisory, and will ensure that government agency property activity aligns with the public sector expectations and the Government office accommodation programme.
Interested? Read on.
Most of your stakeholders will be at the senior level and you will be the expert for pragmatic solutions to an agency's property requirements. You will be innovative with solutions as well as providing brokering services to agencies. You will seek out opportunities to enhance the government property portfolio including; co-location and alignment with good practice design standards.
We require a portfolio approach taken and that we satisfy the following;
- A citizen/community focus;
- Collaboration between agencies;
- Workplaces that value people; and
- Value for money
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Considerable commercial and property experience within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse complex commercial and property situations and to recommend and design robust solutions
- Significant experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, suppliers, property managers, landlords and senior managers
- The ability to contribute to the development of business cases, including a high standard of writing, particularly for business and/or Ministerial audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated by credibility, personal or collaborative influence, managing expectations and targeted persuasion
- High degree of political nous and a strong working knowledge of the machinery of government
- Considerable experience in dealing with ambiguity in a complex and dynamic environment
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Bruce Kenning by email Bruce.Kenning@mbie.govt.nz
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our career website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 28 August 2019.