Assurance Advisor | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| AA JD.PDF (PDF, 338KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2019|
- Make a difference with Immigration New Zealand
- Permanent Auckland based - Henderson Area Office
- Salary Range $60K - $70K
Visa Services within Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). The purpose of MBIE is to grow the New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work to increase household incomes by helping businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive, increasing opportunities for all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities, and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Visa Services 2020 is a two year programme to align and consolidate visa processing, drive applicants to online services, provide a better customer self-service experience and simplify processes for Visa Services, which forms part of the wider INZ group. This is an ambitious programme of work that will create a number of new opportunities across the Visa Services group as we transition over the coming years.
The Assurance advisor position is a newly established role that sits within the Visa Services branch of the INZ group and plays a key role in testing and monitoring the control environment to provide assurance to Visa Services leaders that risk is being managed effectively and provide relevant feedback and insights to enable continuous process improvement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating ongoing review and updating of the Office risk register and Work Activity Hazard & Risk register
- Developing, in conjunction with the relevant INZ resources, an Assurance Plan for the office and Health, Safety and Security (HSS) controls
- Conducting self-assurance of internal controls within the office in line with the agreed Assurance Plans, including determination of any corrective actions and monitoring through to completion
- Coordinating the testing of the office business continuity plan (BCP)
- Monitoring completion of compulsory learning and development modules and training across the office and supporting managers and staff to better understand their role in managing risk
- Conducting additional targeted reviews to support continuous improvement activities.
To be successful in the role you will have prior knowledge and understanding of risk frameworks, methodologies, reporting tools and techniques, coupled with strong analytical and critical thinking skills, preferably gained in complex operational environments.
You will have also have experience in / proven ability to:
- Quickly establish and build strong working relationships, developing trust and credibility with managers and staff, including the ability to work with managers on contentious, difficult and urgent issues.
- Undertaking reviews and sharing feedback regarding trends and areas for continuous improvement.
- Assess, collate and analyse information so that it is clear what the issue is, how it affects the delivery of services and/or safety and wellbeing, what has happened previously, and identify what possible solutions or interventions could be deployed.
To be considered for the role you must be a NZ citizen/permanent resident or Australian Citizen.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1415253 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 30 August 2019.