Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Advisor, Product Safety, CPS - August 2019.pdf (PDF, 530KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Sep-2019|
- Apply your exceptional advisory skills to Product Safety
- Take ownership of strategic outcomes and deliverables
- Deliver high quality Ministerial policy advice
- Wellington based location, permanent opportunity
Why work for us?
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
This position is responsible for supporting the overall capability of the Product Safety team within Trading Standards as well as leading or participating in policy and operational implementation initiatives.
Specifically, the functions of this position is to undertake complex operational policy analysis, lead development of innovative, practical and durable solutions to consumer product safety issues (including through engagement with stakeholders), and to provide authoritative advice; often in areas that are complex, high profile and require a co-ordinated cross-Government response.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate significant strength and experience in the following:
- Understanding of the product safety regulatory environment would be an advantage
- Able to exercise sound judgement when assessing options, undertaking research and implementing operational policy
- Understanding of risk and how to identify, assess and develop appropriate mitigations
- Ability to interpret technical documents and reports in the product safety area, to analyse and effectively communicate complex data
- Ability to influence and negotiate with industry and other key stakeholders
- Ability to liaise, negotiate and gain agreement and commitment from senior private and public sector personnel, nationally and internationally
- Knowledge of the development and use of standards as part of the Quality Infrastructure
- Great written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present to a wide range of audiences and forums
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/ 1409627 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 4 September 2019