Investment Coordinator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Investment Coordinator Apr 2019 FINAL.docx (Word, 63KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2019|
- Opportunity to support the investment of high-quality economic, social and environmental outcomes for New Zealand
- Take on a challenging and varied role where you can use your fantastic relationship, coordination and business process skills
- Customer service focused role with the support of a hardworking and supportive team
About the role
An exciting opportunity has come about for a motivated person to join the Investment Operations Team in the Science System Investment and Performance Branch as an Investment Coordinator, within the Labour, Science and Enterprise (LSE) group.
As an Investment Coordinator you will coordinate and support the business processes across Science investment funding within a dynamic environment.
You will take the lead to coordinate various investment funding processes, by providing professional relationship management, timeline planning and management, and contract management.
Your role includes the following tasks:
- Work with fund leads to provide guidance and support to enable the implementation of investment fund processes, including contestable and negotiated mechanisms.
- Coordinate and support assessment processes for funding applications and contract reviews.
- Management of contracting and payment processing with successful applicants.
- Lead the planning, coordination and implementation of contract reviews and variations to contracts.
- Guide and mentor other investment coordinators to improve their technical knowledge and expertise.
- Work within the Ministry's Investment Management System (IMS) to provide customer support for users of the system and configure the system to align with confirmed investment fund documents for each process ie application forms, assessment tools, contract templates.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in grant funding and best practice processes and investment funding processing support
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels in the organisation
- Have an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Be comfortable with ambiguity that change brings as we remain agile to a changing funding environment
- A proactive, solutions focused work style and a strong customer service focus
- Some knowledge of the science system is beneficial but not essential
We work collaboratively within the branch and with others in MBIE, other Government agencies, and stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. We recognise a common set of team values that promote a fun positive team culture that values professionalism, respect, accountability and communication. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that all staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise.
How to Apply
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or hold a residence class visa.
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Steve Scannell on 04 901 8335 email@example.com ref MBIE/1408850 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 30th August