Technical Support Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Technical Support Analyst.pdf (PDF, 389KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jul-2019|
About the role
The Technical Support Analyst reports to the Manager Business Systems within the Energy and Resource Markets Branch. The Business Systems Team is responsible for the support and enhancement of the software systems that are used by the Energy and Resource Markets branch to perform the critical business processes systems underpinning the New Zealand's petroleum and minerals permitting regime.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for providing level 1 and 2 support for business system users. You will be responsible for maintaining the data integrity and configuration of the COTS system underpinning the permitting process.
Key accountabilities include; performing incident management, monitoring service environment and user administration, data management, system configuration, system deployments, developing simple reports and enlisting suppliers as needed to resolve issues.
You will have proven skills and experience in the following;
- An understanding of SDLC and ITIL methodologies
- Previous experience involving software development and testing
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, strong problem solving skills and strong customer focus
- Strong communications skills ensuring effective interaction with users, stakeholders and suppliers
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant technical discipline – Information Technology or equivalent relevant work experience
- Previous public sector experience is preferred but not essential
- Can work well independently and in a team environment
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
If you are a nimble learner, customer focussed, action oriented and comfortable in managing a high workload in a flexible environment, we welcome your application!
Energy and Resource Markets Branch (ERM)
We provide policy and regulatory advice on energy markets, strategic advice, operational regulation, compliance services and external sector leadership to ensure that New Zealand's oil, gas, mineral and coal resources are effectively managed.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any further questions please email Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz quoting reference MBIE/1408474.
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 21 July 2019.