Occupational Board Officer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Board Officer - CPS - June 2019.pdf (PDF, 301KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jul-2019|
- Interesting and challenging roles
- Permanent opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists as a Board Officer to join our Consumer Protection and Standards Branch within MBIE.
The Board Officers work in a cross-sector role and have responsibility for supporting two independent Statutory Boards to fulfil their important functions. The Board Officers are part of the Occupational Licensing Board Team who provide business services and administrative support to the Electrical Workers Registration Board and Building Practitioners Board.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of Board support roles and responsibilities and in working with independent Statutory Boards.
- High level of organisational skills.
- Strong relationship management skills particularly in dealing with Board members who operate at a very senior level.
- Very good communication skills and the ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships.
- Good knowledge of electrical workers registration or the licensed building practitioner's scheme or another occupational licensing scheme would be ideal.
- An ability to travel regularly.
To apply for this exciting role:
Click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 24th July 2019.