Manager Service Operations and Compliance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Manager Service Operations and Compliance.pdf (PDF, 353KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jul-2019|
- Apply your exceptional and broad ranging service quality and assurance, service capability and compliance expertise over a large and complex regulatory environment to enhance the quality of business readiness and operations for the Market Services group
- Bring your commercial and political acumen and be a trusted and credible advisor to the Senior Leaders in the areas of service improvement, capability, assurance and compliance
- Permanent opportunity based in our Central Wellington, Stout street location
One of New Zealand's largest regulators, Market Services works with businesses, employees and consumers to help them participate effectively in the market place. It operates across group boundaries to provide effective joined-up regulatory practice and services to deliver fair markets that thrive.
The Service Quality branch helps ensure the quality of business operations across the Market Services group remains high by guiding and supporting business readiness and consistency of operations. The branch supports the development and implementation of operational business planning, delivery of technical training programmes, assurance around transformation activities and operational processes, and provides regional support across MBIE.
This role is responsible for leading the delivery of four key work-streams required to support the Market Services Group business readiness and consistency of operations:
- Service Assurance and Compliance is the provision of independent risk, assurance and audit advice, expertise and support ensuring that the Group's activities are working in accordance with defined service quality expectations and requirements.
- Service Capability covers building and enhancing the overall capability of the Group through the delivery of advice, services, products and programmes that ensure quality and consistency of practices in relation to its work.
- Service Improvement involves the identification, development and implementation of continual improvement initiatives that enhance the way the group delivers its services. This work will be carried out through an ISO lens to ensure a best practice, quality management framework is applied and maintained to help create a culture of ‘getting better all the time'.
- Regulatory Enforcement Collections covers the management and recovery of any regulatory compliance related debt arising from the enforcement activities of the Groups regulatory functions.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience at a senior level in either risk and assurance management, capability, service improvement or operational service delivery environments. All four would be great.
- A sound understanding of risk management and assurance, capability and service improvement and operational excellence frameworks and methodologies to reflect the breadth of the role
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work and facilitate across the business and take others on board as their skills are increased
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of corporate management disciplines and techniques.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the machinery of government and relevant operating procedures and policies that apply within the state sector.
- Experience in developing and maintaining an environment focused on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this position we welcome your application.
To apply or view the position description, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our careers website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Enquiries are welcome to Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5.00pm on 28th July 2019.