Board Members - Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers | Other
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachments:|| PD - PGDB member June 2019.pdf (PDF, 305KB)
e.xpression of Interest Form PGDB 2019.docx (Word, 30KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Aug-2019|
- Do you have experience in the plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying industries?
- Or do you have strong links with your local diverse community?
- Do you have an understanding of the registration and disciplinary functions of a regulatory board?
On behalf of the Minister for Building and Construction, the Ministry is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a member of the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board in 2019. The Minister wishes to appoint a member who can add value to the Board.
If coming from the trade, candidates must also be a registered or entitled to be registered plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer.
Ideally, candidates will have some or all of the following:
- governance experience or an understanding of governance in a board environment
- someone who can connect and is involved with their local and diverse community
- the ability to develop and maintain effective relationship with colleagues, staff and other stakeholders
- be able to demonstrate a high level of financial understanding
- ability to bring a consumer/employee perspective to the Board
- knowledge and some skill of the industry
- awareness of emerging technologies.
Successful candidates must also be willing and available to devote time and energy to the role.
The Minister welcomes applicants who can bring diversity to the Board. In addition, the Government has set the target of ensuring half of all directors on state sector boards and committees are women by 2021.
Please note this is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the Board's needs at this particular time.
How to apply:
Please click on the ‘Apply for this job' button below. After clicking the link, you can view a position description, as well as complete the expression of interest form, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For enquiries about the position, please email email@example.com.